I got this award from Katy! But technically, she didn’t give it to me. I begged for it. With smiley faces.
The rules for the Honest Scrap award -The honorees are to: A) first list 10 honest things about yourself - and make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep! B) pass the award on to 7 bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap.
Part A. Honesty:
1. I have a weird fascination with natural disasters. Ever see “Catch and Release”? Jennifer Garner’s character starts revealing deep, dark secrets about herself and says, “I love natural disasters and I’m genuinely disappointed when the death toll isn’t higher.” Well, I’m not THAT bad, but I found it hilarious in the same way I found Coco’s booger collection funny. So maybe I can identify with that. No judging, thanks. I guess I have a little bit of a dark side.
2. I’m very anal (pardon the pun) about pinching off a loaf in public/shared restrooms. If I am ever unable to take care of business BEFORE coming to work, I have a very complicated way of getting it done between the hours of 7:30 and 4:30. And, if I’m being PERFECTLY honest, I never go poo-ey after 10-ish. For some reason, my biological make-up just doesn’t allow it.
3. I love restaurants. I love not cooking. I love being waited on. I love being given practically anything I ask for (within reason, of course).
4. When I was little, I wanted to be a garbage collector. Riding on the back of the truck looked so effing fun.
5. I have a hard time turning the household and toddler-related chores over to Hubby. Last night, it took everything I had to just sit on the couch and watch TV while Hubby gave Mini his bath. I think I have control issues.
6. I don’t have high self-esteem. In fact, it’s pretty low. Work compliments? Nah, they just haven’t figured me out yet. Looks? I hate my nose, I have a butt-crack wrinkle between my eyebrows, I need to lose 20 pounds to be at my wedding weight and I have horribly dry feet. Being a wife and mom? I don’t have the most patience in the world and think I could be doing a better job for them both.
7. I used to worry so badly about my parents – if I couldn’t reach them on the phone I would be in a near-panic state, convinced they’d been in a car wreck or had died from carbon monoxide poisoning. I think living so far away has sort of cured that for me.
8. If you had told me ten years ago that I would live any farther away from A-Town than Dallas, TX, I would have laughed at you. If you had told me that I’d move to Portland without knowing a soul in town, I would have told you that you were nuts. It just wasn’t something I ever imagined for myself.
9. I want to live in New York City and am insanely jealous of anyone that does. Watching The City makes me sadz. Whitney Port has my dream job AND lives in my dream city. What a Bitch.
10. I love to spend money, but never do.
Part B. Pass it on!
Coco (although she just listed 100 things about herself, so she might be listed out.)
No worries if you don't want to do it! I'll still like you.