Monday, February 23, 2009

Do they have meds for this?

This morning I ran into a girl that I know in the bathroom. We don’t know each other well, she’s a friend of a friend. And she’s muuuuuch younger than me to the tune of about 12 years (I can’t believe I work with someone TWELVE years younger – I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit). And she’s a little odd in that I can’t figure out if she is quiet/shy or just plain weird. But, we’ve been to a couple of Happy Hours together, so we are more than “I’ve seen you around here” kind of co-workers. I won’t name names, but her name might sound exactly like the letters KC.

Anyhoo, I ran into her in the bathroom this morning and she was all, “Oh, do you work on this floor now?” We chatted oh-so-briefly and then went our separate ways.

I just went to the bathroom (the first stall was occupied, but the 3rd – my favorite! – was empty). When I came out of the stall area to the sink area, KC was out there washing her hands. And so I said, “Hi again!” Because, you know, I’m polite like that.

And do you want to know what happened?

She made eye contact with me in the mirror and then….

Nothing.
She didn’t say “Hi,” “Kiss my rear,” nothing.
She proceeded to dry her hands and leave the restroom.
Without. Saying. A. Word.
It was like I wasn’t even there.

Guess that answers MY question.

Definitely Just Plain Weird.

5 comments:

Lipstick said...

That is SO weird. Reminds me of that Seinfeld episode where Elaine talks to this guy at her mailbox and then they just stop talking to each other.

Just Lisa said...

Are you sure we don't work for the same company?

We have several girls like this in my office. They might be shy, but I know them as "rude snobs."

Impulsive Addict said...

What.a.biotch!!

Coco said...

You should totally just start effing with her. She seems like she might just be crazy.

Katy said...

That is ODD.
Odd people freak me out. How could you not say anything, maybe she's deaf in that one ear.