Thursday, March 12, 2009

Whew!

So, the big interview ended about 35 minutes ago and I am safely back at my desk with a Diet Coke in hand. Ahhh, sweet nectar.

Impulsive Addict suggested that I flash some boob if my interviewer was a boy. You are one smart cookie… and normally, I would agree that this is a good tactic; however, the guy that is interviewing me is probably more interested than shopping with me than anything else. If you know what I mean. I’ve deduced this from the multiple times he has referred to my outfits as “sassy.” He’s great, so I’m sure he’ll go easy on me. Or maybe not. We’ll see.

The other person in the interview was a fellow Okie. In fact, she went to the same University that I did, only it was about 35 years ago when it was still called East Central State College. She’s from Ardmore, so she knows what I mean when I say…
Ardmore. (Clap, clap)
No more. (Clap, clap)
That might be more fun if the Ada Cougs were still as good as they were back in the day, but with a rivalry, you don’t have to be good to talk sh*t.

But, back to the interview. It’s weird to be nervous around people that you work with. (And weird to dress up for them, too.) Anyhoo, I tend to get pretty worked up over these sorts of things. Beginning about one hour before the interview, I began to wonder if I just might not have a heart attack. When I interviewed for my current job two years ago, I got so stressed out that I cried before I left the house and then cried in my car when I got here. I was a wreck. But I nailed it. I feel pretty good about this interview, so let’s hope this works out the same way! Like I told Hubby, though, even if someone else ends up getting it, I won’t be too disappointed because I know I had a really good interview. If I don’t get it, it will be because someone else is the better fit, not because I’m a loser.

I should know something by tomorrow afternoon or on Monday. If I get it, I’d like to know so I can go celebrate this weekend. If I don’t, I’d rather not find out on a Monday. Because Mondays already blow ass. I don’t really know what I mean by blowing ass, but it sounds bad, doesn’t it??

In other news (there ARE other things happening in my world), Mini started his new daycare today. We dropped him off and lingered for a bit, expecting a few tears. But they didn’t happen! He walked in there like he owned the place and didn’t cry when we left. I called to check in on him at 9:30 and Laurie said that he hadn’t cried at all (except for when he stubbed his toe!) and that in her 20+ years she’d never had a transition go so smoothly. I checked in again just after my interview and she said he was doing fantastic! He ate a big lunch (no surprise there) and fell asleep almost immediately at naptime. Laurie said the kids are all excited to have him there and they are all playing very well together.

This is the best news I could have asked for today. When B. told me she was bowing out, my disappointment/anger/sadness was a result of worrying about Mini. Would he understand? Would he be sad? Would he miss her? Would he be scared to go to a new place with new people?

Fortunately, it was nothing to be worried about. I had a feeling that this was going to be an even bigger blessing in disguise than I already suspected it would be. I think I was right.

Thank you all for the encouragement with the whole interview thing-y (yes, that's the technical term). It’s nice to know that I have so many people rooting for me.

This was a great day. I hope you all have days as great as this one.

2 comments:

Impulsive Addict said...

Damn those gay boys! Maybe since he likes your sassiness, you'll get the job! Let us know, k?

Lipstick said...

congrats on nailing the interview!!!! All of us bloggy buddies knew you could do it!