Friday, March 27, 2009

This and That Friday

Well, folks, today is my very last "Every-Other-Friday-Off." I am really going to have ENJOY it. The cleaning is done, I've got E! on downstairs and I might go spend some time at the mall (and maybe meet Hubby at Cheesecake Factory for lunch.) I don't really HAVE to end my Friday's off, but with the new job, I really want to make sure they can see that I'm completely committed. We'll see how that works out for me...

I've had a couple of thoughts running in my head the past couple of days that I just want to put out there. I hope if I verbalize it, I can't STOP THINKING ABOUT IT.

1. How is it possible for ONE headlight to burn out? They aren't like lamps or something, where maybe you're using one more than the other. You use them at exactly the same time. Shouldn't they burn out together, too?

2. Is nature so good at preservation of the species that, when in the presence of a toddler for an extended amount of time, adult's cognitive functioning lowers to that of a toddler? Or is it just me? Seriously, it is beginning to bother me that EVERY DAY this week I've woken up with this stuck in my head:

"It's the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Come inside, it's fun inside."Not to be outdone of course by:
"Hot dog, hot dog, hot diggity dog, it's a brand new day whatcha waitin' for? Get up, get out, get on the floor. Hot dog, hot dog, hot diggity dog."
The worst part? I'm totally into it. I lurve Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

3. After that other post about Girls Just Want to Have Fun and Breakin 2, I totally have the 80s in my head (Hey, Anniebanannie - I'm with you, the 80s rock my world).

I really want to watch The Legend of Billy Jean. Remember good ole Pat Benatar? "We can't afford to be innocent. Stand up and face the enemy. It's a do or die situation, we will be INVINCIBLE!" Totally made that movie.

And the other one I want to see? Quarterback Princess, with good ole Helen Hunt. Frakking awesome movie.

Okay, I think that is all for now. My oatmeal is ready downstairs and there's some good reality TV OnDemand that is calling out for me.

Peace out.

3 comments:

Sassy Cass said...

Ooooooh- enjoy yourself! I'm going to have to check out those movies. I hate to admit that I've never seen either of them. I lurve some MMCH, too! Little Red is obsessed with that song, but all he ever gets out is "hot gog, hot gog hot ditty gog."

Coco said...

Have fun! And have two glasses of wine at lunch for celebration purposes!

"Hot dog Hot dog Hot diggity dog.." Is a favorite at our house as well.
So is, "Our friends, Tiger and Pooh, their always there for each other..."

Just Lisa said...

I watch MMCH so much, I'm starting to think Pete is hot. And Wylee watches so many episodes with Daisy as the star that he thinks she must have slept with the director to get extra air time.